Flaim is looking for a data center CE shift cover Technician.
The Shift Technician will work as part of an operational team to support the Critical environment 24/7/365. The shift team is responsible for the emergency response, operation of critical services within the data center environment and stabilize emergency conditions as they arise.
The shift team will operate out of the facilities operation centre (FOC) and will ensure all aspects of the facility are covered & monitored during their shift. The Shift team will work alongside the day operations team to align CE equipment through Electrical or Mechanical switching activities to facilitate break/fix and planned preventive maintenance (PM) activities across the campus.
- Train in the operation of all critical facility systems across the Amsterdam campus as outlined
in the site-specific training syllabus & also in the Clients CET training and Certification Procedure
found on Runbook, Areas include: Electrical, Mechanical, Building Monitoring, Fire and Controls.
- Monitor the Facilities Operations Centre (FOC) and ensure that all monitoring System alarms are
responded to in a timely manner.
- Assist the CE Day Team in the shutting down/startups of equipment as per site operational procedures
to support all PM/CM activities (MOP) carried out by the PM Team or Vendors.
- Monitor and respond to abnormal conditions in critical facility systems
- Be the First response to fire alerts, equipment alarms and facility events.
- Fully conversant with the facility Emergency Response Plan, CE EOPs, and act as the FOC liaison
with the SOC during site emergencies
- After failures internal and external to the facility, use EOP’s to ensure site and personnel safety is
- Ensure all CE notifications (SEV’s etc.) are up to date during your shift and then closed out correctly
as required when the task is completed.
- Use CMMS to report all facility related tasks – This includes recording all hours on site for the likes of
Training, Procedure Creation/reviews, Permits, Vendor escorts, work performance etc.
- Ensure all subcontractors are inducted and permitted to work within the CE domain. As required escort
third party vendor to work locations and ensure area is safe to perform work.
- Review subcontractor method statements, risk assessments and MSDS to ensure compliance with site
health & safety and operating procedures prior to you or the shift team issuing permit to works.
- Carry out Vendor inspections during your shift, checking/monitoring quality of work, review data/service
reports to include all break/fix, P.M.’s and project work on site.
- Author, Peer review, approve or carry out periodic reviews of all OP’s/Drills as issued by the CE Operation &
- Update and log all activities/time on CMMS. Ensure you update & record your time/activities on CMMS
- Issue a daily Shift Handover report via email detailing activities and issues that have taken place and
that require escalation.
- Carry out drills & complete tool box talks as per KPI tracker
- Report health and safety breaches through the ‘HAZARD’ process
- Adherence to all quality, health & safety, and environmental policies within the CE domain
- Ensure that the FOC and CE work areas are clean and tidy at all times
Qualifications and Experience:
- A fully verifiable trade qualification in a relevant engineering discipline and verifiable additional training that is relevant to the proposed environment.
- Understanding of LV power distribution and loading. Previous data centre (or similar lab) experience - desirable
- A strong understanding and experience of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data Center environment, including: Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Fuel Systems, Switchgear, UPS systems, Battery banks, ATS/STS units, PDU/PMM units, Chillers, Air handling units, CRAC units, Fire Alarm systems, and Fire Suppression systems.
- Experience of complex automatic control equipment, including relay logic, programmable logic controllers (PLC’s), building management systems, and their integration with the data Centre infrastructure.
- Experience of medium voltage distribution systems and associated switch gear and protection equipment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with the client and with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on the data Centre systems.
- Computer literate with the ability to compile and submit monthly and annual reports, and to monitor and trend operational characteristics (load, capacity, environmental conditions etc.) Good working ability on Microsoft Office Products.
- The ability to learn quickly and to gain maximum benefit from extensive training and development programs aimed at ensuring that any identified knowledge or experience deficiencies are addressed in the short term.
- Availability to work shift and to provide emergency cover as required.
- Organized, able to effectively prioritize and deliver within a dynamic and high pressure, business critical environments
- Self-motivated, with ability to work on own initiative
The shift cover technician (floater) is the first point of contact to cover shifts during emergency situations to provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice. You must be flexible in your working patterns to support requirements dictated by the rhythm of the business & operational demands.
Job Type: Full-time.
Work Times: 12-hour shift (days and nights) according to roster.
More information about this function? Let us know!
If possible we would like to receive your cv in word.